Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
Engineering, Mountain View, United States
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, BIG DATA
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other, and with the world around them, to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communications & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our Mountain View office is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The office offers open, collaborative workspaces with lots of natural light. Just a few blocks away, you’ll find office lunch favorites.
Our LogMeIn Data Engineering team is searching for a Senior Software Engineer with a successful track record in Big Data and Distributed Systems. Our Data Engineering team is comprised of bright, positive and motivated engineers working on initiatives related to Data Warehousing, Commerce Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Services, Data Visualization and more.
- Design and develop Big Data and real-time analytics solutions using industry standard technologies
- Develop web services that make big data available in real-time for in-product (SaaS) applications
- Collaborate with Product teams, Data Architects and Machine Learning engineers to ensure that data solutions are aligned with company-wide technology directions
- Analyze application requirements and develop high level and detailed data models and application designs
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems
- Interact with business users, understand business requirements, and analyze and develop optimal technology solutions to solve business requirements
- Communicate results clearly, and in actionable form, across organizations and levels
- MS/BS in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative field or relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance and data model design
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala, Python or similar
- 2+ years of highly relevant hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience developing Web Services, Rest APIs, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS Kinesis, Storm, Druid, NoSQL, Redshift and Graph Databases
- Experience with OO design and common design patterns
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis and machine learning a plus
- Energetic, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and passionate about producing high-quality deliverables
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen