Creative Operations Manager
Marketing, Boston, United States
CREATIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our headquarters are two state-of-the-art buildings on Summer Street in the heart of Boston’s Innovation District that includes a 2,200 sq ft roof deck and patio. We work in an open and collective environment simplifying how people connect to each other and the world around them.
As a key member of the Brand and Creative management team, the Creative Operations Manager is expected to work collaboratively with the VP of Global Brand/Creative, Associate Creative Director, Copy Chief and Director of Global Brand Management as well as other marketing leaders to drive and continuously improve the creative operational function, performance and alignment of the team.
This position is responsible for managing all work across the creative service team supporting critical lines of business and go-to-market initiatives. The creative operations function includes but is not limited to: creative project management and delivery as well as workflow management, annual and quarterly budgeting; workforce management and planning; systems/processes development, maintenance and improvement, business partner relationship management and agency/vendor/temp management.
- Actively manage/mentor 1-3 creative project or system managers ensuring that all projects, initiatives and key deliverables are on time, on budget, on strategy, meeting business partner expectations
- In collaboration with the VP of Global Brand and Creative, drive the development, implementation and ongoing management of Creative and Brand operating model including organizational structure, capabilities strategy, roles definition, process re-engineering and communications
- Lead the development and implementation of cross-functional workflow systems, processes, and technology to enable Brand and Creative Team as well as Marketing department’s success
- Direct the ongoing evolution of tools, technology and practices that enable Creative team’s workflow efficiency, workforce optimization and financial viability, including but not limited to annual budgeting, labor forecasting, time accounting, resource utilization, project estimating and billing, PO management, project management and workflow trafficking, and vendor assessments and procurement.
- Lead Creative and Brand budget planning and management, including annual submission, quarterly reconciliation, and variance tracking/reporting. Partner closely with Marketing budget manager and finance to report on and assess budget needs
- Partner with VP of Global Brand and Creative to develop presentations, proposals, executive-level communications and business cases, including operational analysis and reports
- Partner with VP of Global Brand and division leaders on critical and confidential people-based initiatives including staff planning, promotions, recruiting/hiring, onboarding, and workspace planning.
- Help select, onboard, and manage outside agencies, vendors, and temporary resources
- Direct the maintenance of digital asset management and brand systems to support business objectives and enable brand consistency across all channels.
- Act as lead project manager on key projects providing strategic direction, issue resolution, and client management on creative and brand initiatives as needed
- Develop and implement strategy for ongoing control, maintenance, and enhancement of marketing workflow database including process, standards, access control, database cleanliness and documentation
- Manage dashboards and reports to measure all aspects of creative team operations: labor metrics, volume metrics, brand performance and other department measures
- Develop and maintain Digital Asset Management library/image relay as needed to ensure brand consistency across all channels
- Continually update and improve the team’s Agile process with research and new program alignments
- Project manage creative development through Agile systems and workflow management
- Inform stakeholders on progress for sprints and any required needs to make deliverable goals
- Commitment to producing results by continuously identifying opportunities for great operational efficiency and drive improvement in those areas, defining templates/processes/standards and promoting them to the appropriate teams/management
- Over 10+ years working experience in creative ops, account management, creative management
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Highly operational and creative with ability to think outside of the box
- Proven ability to develop strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Current with the latest trends and marketing best practices
- Excellent command of editing and writing skills
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics, and spreadsheets
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Powerpoint
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen