Senior Financial Analyst
Finance, Santa Barbara, United States
Senior Financial Analyst
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our Santa Barbara campus is made up of 4 buildings and an on-site gym. The campus resembles our location, including conference room tables that look like surfboards! We offer a free bike sharing program to navigate around campus and to nearby shops and restaurants. During lunch, you will find our employees engaging in Bocce Ball, Pool, or Ping Pong. On average, we experience 70-degree days with access to the beach, mountains, and Los Angeles.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role on our FP&A team in management reporting and analysis of our business. The Senior Financial Analyst will manage the day-to-day analytics and modeling of revenue for LogMeIn. The individual will work closely with Finance and Executive leadership to enhance reporting capabilities, structure conversations for smart business decisions, encourage open communication among the team and establish a framework for accountability.
This position is ideal for someone highly detail-oriented, entrepreneurial, resourceful, and proactive. The right candidate will exhibit outstanding judgment, professionalism, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous, work environment. He/she will need to comfortably interact and communicate with individuals at all levels, including senior executives. In addition, this individual will foster and maintain the necessary internal relationships throughout LogMeIn including the Executive Leadership Team, Accounting, HR, Facilities, Corporate Development, Legal, Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Lead and manage the financial planning of revenue, including budgets, forecasts, trend, and variance analysis reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Own revenue modeling using bookings inputs from sales organization and/or modeling potential outcomes for various scenarios.
- Leverage Hyperion Planning system for modeling and Forecast input. Make recommendations on forecast process improvements
- Support Investor Relations as part of quarterly earnings process along with preparation of quarterly Board Presentations
- Maintains a formal pulse on risks and opportunities and partners with team on appropriate actions required to minimize or offset risks and maximize opportunities.
- Support the Monthly and Quarterly Business Operations review process
- Provide International leaders with monthly and quarterly reports on bookings and revenue performance and forecast.
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly SOX reports for internal and external auditors
- Assist in monthly accounting close with regards to revenue variance analysis and troubleshooting drivers of unexpected variances
- Contribute to the development of the annual planning process
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis as needed
- Participates in process-improvement projects in response to business needs, including contributing to development and implementation of new business processes and best practices
- Participates in projects of moderate scope; performs specific portions of broader projects managed by supervisor; interacts with team members to complete assignments
- Seeks out opportunities to learn about trends; develops and incorporates them into assignments as appropriate
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 4-6 years of experience in Financial Management
- Effective and efficient problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective presentation skills and experience working with executive leadership.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to develop detailed financial models
- Must demonstrate maturity, integrity, high energy, and team spirit.
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen