Overlay Sales Representative / Product Specialist
Sales, Sydney, Australia
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Collaboration, Identity Access and Management, and Artificial Intelligence)
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our Sydney office is located in the heart of the Central Business District. Together Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Support partner to simplify how people connect to their colleagues, employees, devices and the world around them. It's a vibrant office which encourages a collaborative work environment filled with fun.
We are future planning for 2018 and are looking for Product Specialists across Collaboration, Identity Access and Management, and Artificial Intelligence product lines. The Product Specialist will be responsible for applying an understanding of a product sales and services methodology, onboarding processes, prospecting techniques and customer base with the purpose of increasing knowledge and usage. The primary function of this position is to support the Account Management Sales and Majors Sales teams in developing new sales and upsell opportunities for the product (eg. LastPass). This would include developing customer penetration strategies, prospecting for opportunities in the client base and recommended white space, cooperating with the core Product (eg.LastPass) teams on sales cycles and driving increased revenue for the product. This specialist will work closely with our Training & Development, Product Marketing, and Customer Success teams to educate the core Account Management team and develop programs, competitive positioning and usage programs to target the Product (eg. LastPass) market. Key skills will be teamwork, market strategies, account strategies, upselling/cross selling into new departments, negotiation and closing.
- The Product Specialist, Sales allocates their time appropriately for working with Account Management and Majors teams in region to develop new business by prospecting lists of white space and existing customers and works with Managers on creating target lists and measuring account penetration and pipeline add against products.
- Engage directly with prospects and existing customers on product presentations and demonstrations and works with the Solution Consulting team and sales representatives to complete the sales cycle from call prep, and initial call thru close.
- Guide/support prospects through trial process.
- Listen to call recordings from reps for training and coaching purposes and works with managers to assist in coaching.
- Support Account Management and Majors with pricing, negotiation, and quoting strategies.
- Understanding of the unique personas and needs of the executive buyers typically involved in decision making to drive new and add-on business.
- Enhances the sales opportunities in specific vertical industries by applying understanding of their unique requirements (finance, government, software, healthcare, etc)
- Provides Management with reports on sales activities, account penetration, pipeline progression, recommended sales plays and projects weekly
- Follows company policies and sales and services processes
- Participates in regional team meetings for education and product strategies.
- Continues to pursue and increase knowledge of key competitors and understanding of how the Product (eg.LastPass) compares with competitors'; uses the messaging and best practices that ensure that our value proposition is effectively communicated to customers.
- Applies understanding of the needs of target customer segments for training Account Managers and Majors and works with Product Marketing to create talk tracks/scripts for sales representatives to use throughout the sales cycle.
- Full Australian work rights
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 3+ year’s sales or equivalent experience in a rapidly changing dynamic environment required
- Domain expertise and experience in the Product (eg.LastPass) marketplace or demonstrable success in a similar role, enabling the candidate to understand and address the needs of user buyers and influencers
- Proven record of success with technology SaaS products, proven ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email with customers
- Experience in working with multiple departments preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel within assigned territories, marketing events, and various company offices
- Collaborates with others toward shared goals, exhibits cooperativeness
- Listens, asks for and uses input; shares information appropriately and openly; is accessible and receptive to both good and bad news
- Strives to be the best that one can be and maximizes one's own potential in helping LogMeIn succeed; exhibits resilience, persistence, tenacity and a continuous mindset for improvement; is goal-oriented with very high standards for quality of work; is strongly results-oriented; is highly motivated, and a positive self-starter
- Exhibits curiosity and open-mindedness; suggests new ideas in response to business needs
- Develops knowledge of business practices within customer marketplace, and obtains and understanding of business fundamentals required to manage territory
- Exhibits clarity and focus; uses persuasion and influence to connect with others
- Motivates others by demonstrating pride, enthusiasm and passion for the product; celebrates success and gives credit to others; exhibits optimism and vigor.
- Is a strong public speaker and can present to large groups.
- Can give positive coaching feedback to the rep and the rep’s manager and follow-up on improvement
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen