Senior Software Engineer, Android/Mobile Web
Engineering, Santa Barbara, United States
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ANDROID/MOBILE WEB
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other, and with the world around them, to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communications & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our Santa Barbara, CA campus is made up of 4 buildings and an onsite gym. The campus resembles our beachside location, including conference room tables that look like surfboards! We offer a free bike sharing program to navigate around campus and to nearby shops and restaurants. During lunch, you will find our employees engaging in Bocce Ball, Pool or Ping Pong. On average, we experience 70-degree days with access to the beach, mountains and Los Angeles.
Marketing professionals turn to GoToWebinar to create captivating online events that build brand awareness and help organizations spread their messages. Last year, more that 60 million people attended a GoToWebinar event.
Currently, our GoToWebinar Product Development team in Santa Barbara is searching for a Senior Software Engineer with demonstrated expertise in high-traffic Android mobile applications development; plus, Mobile Web development.
- Leverage your senior-level Android development expertise to contribute to our GoToWebinar mobile applications
- Investigate technical feasibility and suggest implementation options
- Work closely with stakeholders such as Product Managers, UX Designers and other product development team members
- Troubleshooting and debugging, (i.e. ensure that software defects are tracked and handled in a timely fashion)
- 5+ years of deep experience in Android mobile applications development
- An application development portfolio that showcases real-life experience with successful mainstream mobile apps, (used by a broad consumer install base)
- Knowledge of core Android APIs, frameworks, facilities, UI styles and paradigms
- Good understanding of Android related programming patterns and operating system facilities
- Familiar with mobile (Android/iOS) development (React Native is a plus)
- Understand and have demonstrated best practices in front-end UI and UX implementation
- Understanding of app optimization including performance and memory tuning
- Good understanding of Java programming, OOPS concepts, Design Patterns, Algorithms, Multithreading and data structures
- Experience with RESTful web services and parsing JSON/XML
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with different 3rd party SDKs and integration
- Experience and desire to work within an Agile software development paradigm, (i.e. fast-paced, iterative and multi-functional environment)
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen