Channel Development Manager
Sales, Sydney, Australia
Channel Development Manager ANZ
LogMeIn simplifies how people connect with each other and the world around them to drive meaningful interactions, deepen relationships, and create better outcomes for individuals and businesses. One of the world’s top 10 public SaaS companies, and a market leader in communication & conferencing, identity & access, and customer engagement & support solutions, LogMeIn has millions of customers spanning virtually every country across the globe. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with additional locations across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Our Sydney office is located in the heart of the Central Business District. Together Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Support partner to simplify how people connect to their colleagues, employees, devices and the world around them. It's a vibrant office which encourages a collaborative work environment filled with fun.
Your role as Channel Development Manager ANZ, represents LogMeIn in all activities associated with partner recruitment, partner business development and partner support. The primary responsibility of the role is to help grow partner sales across the Australia and New Zealand. This is accomplished through multiple activities including developing strategies with the partner for differentiation, market penetration, and revenue/ margin growth as tools to achieve and surpass quota. Responsible for strengthening relationships between partners and LogMeIn business units including but not limited to Field Sales, Inside Sales, Channel Marketing, etc. – managing to conclusion business issues that directly affect the ability to develop long-term relationships between LogMeIn and the Partners. Partners may include certified Resellers, System Integrators, Distributors and Referral Partners. The CDM acts as a mentor to team mates and/or peer Channel Development Managers, and may lead special projects designed to improve CDM processes and productivity.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of LogMeIn products, programs, sales methodology, and licensing to effectively manage complex partner issues and questions pertaining to product subscription licensing, product features and program requirements
- Drive and lead continual training activities which articulate LogMeIn strategic direction, product and technology roadmaps, requisite sales skills, go-to-market planning, demand creation and monitor resellers progress towards adherence to program requirements
- Proactively and independently develop a plan for overall channel partner sales growth, including the recruitment and certification of new value added resellers in their territory
- Recruit new prospective partners by driving strategic conversations with senior leaders that address how LogMeIn can help them achieve their specific selling objectives and solve their customers’ specific business challenges. Uses specific examples and success stories that resonate with the partner.
- Act as a sales coach to influence partners’ ability to increase their revenue, margin, and asset investment in LogMeIn programs
- Act as a mentor to team mates and/or peer Channel Development Managers,
- May lead special projects designed to improve CDM processes and productivity
- Provide thorough and consistently accurate insight into the financial results and forecast of the partner’s investment in selling LogMeIn products and services.
- Has already developed strong senior-level relationships within partners in their territory and leverages those relationships to drive new business through phone and on-site visits.
- Ensure LogMeIn is included in Partners' Annual and Quarterly Business Plans to include, but not limited to Organizational Plan, Sales Plan, Education Plan, Marketing Plan
- Work closely with Sales counterparts to drive the partner to quota attainment, with appropriate product blend
- Work closely with Channel Marketing to provide project and content coordination in support of partner-driven marketing events
- With support from marketing & channel strategy resources, present special programs to partners
- Assess and monitor the business and technical service capability of the partner.
- Expert understanding of how partners make money in a channel ecosystem
- Expert understanding of how LogMeIn products create value for customers
- Expert understanding of localized technology marketplace and trends
- Strong level of financial acumen, in order to have “business discussions with business people”
- Strong communication, presentation, listening skills
- Can effectively deliver difficult messages while emphasizing a positive, future-oriented perspective
- Highly adaptable to changes in business direction, products, and needs both from a partner perspective and LogMeIn perspective
- Ability to influence vs. control a reselling partner
- Successful track record of relationship / partner management with notable accomplishments
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- 6+ years of experience in sales or channel marketing within the High Tech industry, with at least 3 years’ experience working with channel sales
- MBA degree or equivalent
- Preferably owned/worked for alliance partner-type business
Be Accountable - even when no-one is looking
Thrive Together - greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential
Advance Confidently - we find opportunity and act on it
Collaborate Openly - our whole is greater than the sum of our parts
Engage Fearlessly - we speak up and listen